Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
The Department of Central Management Services (CMS) is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action. CMS embraces a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our EEO policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to recruitment, selection, promotion, placement, demotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, reduction in force, and termination.
In accordance with EEO laws at the federal, state, and local levels, CMS considers applicants for employment regardless of race (including associated hairstyles), color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, genetic information, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, order of protection status, pregnancy, arrest record, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, CMS affirms its commitment to:
- Advance a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility by creating and maintaining an environment that values individual differences, considers diverse viewpoints, and recognizes contributions of all the agency’s workforce;
- Identify and address bias, discrimination, and microaggressions;
- Engage in a thorough assessment of the equitable implications of all policies, procedures, and practices;
- Reasonably accommodate pregnant employees and employees with disabilities, as required by law;
- Take affirmative action to correct underutilization of minorities and racialized communities and women;
- Implement policies and programs designed to prevent sexual harassment;
- Take affirmative action to increase the number of employees with disabilities; and
- Ensure non-retaliation against employees who file a complaint or engage in other legally protected activity.