September 2023 Recipes of the Month
Hally Health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m. CT, on the third Tuesday of the month.
Sweet Potato Nachos
- Cooking spray
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and thinly sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato (1 medium Roma tomato)
- 1/3 cup chopped avocado
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line two medium baking pans with aluminum foil. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potatoes, oil, paprika, chili powder and garlic powder. Spread the sweet potato mixture in a single layer in the baking pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Using a spatula, turn over the sweet potatoes. Bake for five to ten minutes or until crisp.
- Remove the pans from the oven. Sprinkle the beans and cheddar cheese over the sweet potatoes. Bake for two minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with tomato and avocado.
Healthy Piña Colada Smoothie
- 1/2 medium ripe frozen banana
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 2/3 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Put all ingredients except coconut in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Mix in coconut and pour over a glass of ice.