Recipes of the Month for May 2023
Hally Health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m. CT, on the third Tuesday of the month.
Cauliflower No-Crust Quiche
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk, rice milk or soy milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped cauliflower
- ½ cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Lightly oil an 8 by 8-inch casserole dish or 9-inch pie pan with olive oil or butter. Spread onions evenly in the dish and place in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and milk with a whisk.
- Remove dish from oven with mitts and spread cauliflower and cheese evenly. Pour egg mixture over cauliflower, onions and cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked and casserole is golden brown.
*Note: Broccoli can be used as a substitute for cauliflower.
Garlic Walnut Dip
- 3 slices whole-wheat toast
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the toast in a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- With the motor running, add the walnuts and garlic and process until they are ground fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients with the motor running and process until smooth, adding more water if the mixture seems too thick.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.