October 2023 Recipes of the Month
Hally Health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m. CT, on the third Tuesday of the month.
Spinach-Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Caps
- 8 portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean with a damp cloth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided use
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium marinara sauce, divided use
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat both sides of mushroom caps with cooking spray and place, stem side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, turn, and bake five minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, add water to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring carefully, one to two minutes, or until wilted. Remove from heat and stir in the ricotta cheese and 1/4 cup of the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of the marinara sauce on top of the mushroom caps (1 teaspoon per mushroom). Top with equal amounts of the spinach mixture, spoon remaining marinara sauce over all and sprinkle with the Italian-blend cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the remaining basil.
Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup raspberry yogurt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup frozen mango
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- In a blender, combine ingredients one at a time, starting with the almond milk, orange juice, raspberry yogurt, frozen raspberries, frozen pineapple, frozen mango and honey in that order.
- Cover blender with lid and pulse until all ingredients are mixed well and smooth.
- Pour into one glass and enjoy. If you’re including the chia seeds, sprinkle a few on top of the complete smoothie as a garnish along with a few frozen raspberries.