August 2023 Recipes of the Month
Hally Health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m. CT, on the third Tuesday of the month.
Pina Colada Parfait
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers, divided
- 1/2 banana, peeled and mashed
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Combine yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Combine 1/2 cup graham cracker and banana. Mix until smooth. Divide mixture between four glasses or mason jars.
- Top with pineapple, yogurt mix and remaining 1/2 cup graham cracker, alternating until you reach the top of the jar, finishing with the yogurt. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve.
Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta with Strawberry Basil
- 5 teaspoons plain gelatin mix
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2-1/4 cups diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a small bowl, whisk gelatin in 1/2 cup milk. Allow mixture to sit at room temperature for 10 minute.
- In a medium saucepan, combine honey and remaining 2 cups of milk and place over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer. Whisk milk and gelatin mixture into the simmering milk and honey. Whisk in Greek yogurt.
- Divide panna cotta mixture evenly among 9 small 1-cup dishes. Each dish will have about 3/4 cup panna cotta. Cover dishes with plastic wrap and refrigerate about two hours until firm and chilled.
- Prior to serving, toss strawberries, sugar and basil together in a small bowl. Top each panna cotta dish with about 1/4 cup strawberry mixture.