April 2023 Recipes of the Month
Hally Health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m. CT, on the third Tuesday of the month.
Lemon Herb Feta Chicken Sliders
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons oregano, chopped
- Cooking Spray, as needed
- 10 slider buns
- In a bowl, combine black pepper, salt, lemon zest, basil, feta, lemon juice, chicken and oregano. Mix until evenly distributed. Hand form 2 oz patties and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Spray grill or griddle with non-stick cooking spray and cook burgers to an internal temperature of 165° F. Place each slider on a slider bun.
Baked Zucchini Chips
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound zucchini, cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Using a food processor, finely grind the flaxseed meal, basil leaves and salt. Stir together flaxseed meal mixture and cheese in a medium bowl.
- Toss zucchini rounds with oil. Dredge zucchini in flaxseed meal mixture one at a time, pressing gently to adhere.
- Place rounds in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve hot.