September Recipes of the Month
No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/september21/recipe-peanut-utter-chocolate-bites.png
Brought to you by:
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/hally-soi.jpg
- 1/3 cup Domino Light Sugar and Stevia Blend
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine Domino Light and milk over medium heat. Stir well and bring to boil for 1½ minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients; stir to incorporate.
- Scoop out oat mixture into 1 tablespoon balls and place on waxed paper. Let cool and refrigerate.
Tart Cherry-Apple Crunch
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/september21/cherry-apple-crunch.jpg
Brought to you by:
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/healthlink-logo.jpg
- 1-pound frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1 green apple, cored and diced
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ½ cup unsweetened cherry or apple juice Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, toss together cherries, apple, brown sugar, and almond extract.
- In a cup, mix the cornstarch and juice and add to the fruit mixture, stirring well.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch-square baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the remaining ingredients. Crumble the mixture on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Raise heat to broil and brown topping lightly for 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven. Serve warm or cold.