October Recipes of the Month
Brought to you by:
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/bewellillinoiswebinars/publishingimages/hally-soi.jpg
- 2 ½ cups chopped raw broccoli
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins, currants, or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts (cashews, pecans, almonds)
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/october21/broccoli-salad.png
- Wash your hands.
- Wash and chop the broccoli and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, raisins and nuts.
- Add broccoli and mix well until evenly covered with the dressing.
- Chill and serve.
Garlic Walnut Dip
- 3 slices whole-wheat toast
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/october21/garlic-walnut-dip.jpg
- Place the toast in a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- With the motor running, add the walnuts and garlic and process until they are ground fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients with the motor running and process until smooth, adding more water if the mixture seems too thick.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, and season to taste with salt and pepper.