June Recipes of the Month
Hally health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m., on the third Wednesday of the month.
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/june22/food1.jpg
Brought to you by:
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/june22/image24.jpeg
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced red onion, diced avocado and chopped cilantro into a
large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Just before serving, toss with sea salt
and black pepper.
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/june22/food2.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/june22/image26.jpg
- 5 to 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large sauté or roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower and season with lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring for even roasting.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan. Garnish with chopped chives and serve while still warm.