July 2022 Recipes of the Month
Hally health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m., on the third Wednesday of the month.
Watermelon Fruit Pizza
Brought to you by:
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/july22/image25.jpeg
- 1 watermelon
- 4 ounces thawed sugar-free whipped topping
- 6 ounces low-sugar peach yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/july22/image23.png
- Cut the watermelon into 1½-inch portions resembling a circle like a pizza.
- In a small bowl, stir whipped topping with yogurt until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the watermelon in an even layer.
- Place the remaining fruit on top of the mixture.
- Cut into pizza slice-like wedges and enjoy.
Infused Strawberry Mint Water
Brought to you by:
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/awarenessmatters/publishingimages/july22/image8.jpg
- 4-6 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 12 ounces of water
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/july22/image26.png
- To begin, wash all fresh ingredients.
- Next, using a sharp knife, carefully slice the strawberries.
- Once you’ve finished slicing the strawberries, place them and the fresh mint into a 16-ounce glass or water bottle.
- Fill the glass with cool water and let mixture infuse for 2-4 hours or cover and place in fridge overnight for full flavor.
- Once the water is fully infused, remove fruit and enjoy.