November 2023 Recipes of the Month
Hally Health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m. CT, on the third Tuesday of the month.
Thanksgiving Winter Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoon fresh minced chives
- 1/3 cup walnut or olive oil
- 10 cups salad greens
- 3 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Champagne vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper, chives and oil until well combined. (Or add ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake until well combined.)
- In a large serving bowl, combine the salad greens, blue cheese, pomegranate seeds and hazelnuts. Toss with the dressing just before serving, or serve with the dressing on the side.
Red Potato and Celery Salad
- 1½ pounds red potatoes, organic if possible
- 2 stalks celery, organic if possible
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dry white vermouth
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Chopped fresh dill to taste
- Boil potatoes in their skins, covered, just until they can be easily pierced with a sharp knife.
- Prepare dressing combining mustard, vermouth, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and shake well.
- Drain potatoes, let cool enough to handle, then peel and cut into thick slices. Place in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the potatoes while they are warm, tossing them well.
- Add chopped onion, sliced celery, capers, finely chopped parsley and dill. Chill until served.