November 2022 Recipes of the Month
Hally Health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m. CT, on the third Wednesday of the month.
Beef and Bean Chile Verde
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces green salsa (or verde)
- ¼ cup water
- 1-15 ounce can pinto beans
- Cook beef, bell pepper and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat, crumbling the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper; cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Stir in salsa (or sauce) and water; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, sliced ½-inch thick
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small saucepan, cook garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Stir in rosemary and pepper.
- Place zucchini in a 13x9x2 baking pan; add oil mixture. Toss to coat.
- Roast uncovered in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Before serving, sprinkle Kosher salt over zucchini, if desired.