March 2023 Recipes of the Month
Hally Health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m. CT, on the third Tuesday of the month.
Healthy Nut Smoothie
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup raspberry yogurt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup frozen mango
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- In a blender, combine ingredients one at a time, starting with the almond milk, orange juice, raspberry yogurt, frozen raspberries, frozen pineapple, frozen mango and honey in that order.
- Cover blender with lid and pulse until all ingredients are mixed well and smooth.
- Pour into one glass and enjoy. If you’re including the chia seeds, sprinkle a few on top of the complete smoothie as a garnish along with a few frozen raspberries.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Turkey Soup
- 1-pound ground skinless turkey breast
- 3 large carrots, sliced crosswise into rounds
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ½ -ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker, stirring to combine and breaking up turkey.
- Cook, covered and on low for 8 hours or until turkey is no longer pink.