December 2022 Recipes of the Month
Hally Health offers a variety of virtual demos and classes through Facebook Live. Among their most popular videos are the live cooking demonstrations, which show you how to prepare simple, healthy and tasty meals. The live cooking demo will post on Facebook.com/HallyHealth at 1 p.m. CT, on the third Wednesday of the month.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/december22/Food4Thought_Dec_GlazedPork_1.jpg
Brought to you by:
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/publishingimages/logos/image12.jpeg
Spicy Apricot Glazed Pork
- 1-pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sugar free apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large, sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 large green bell pepper (cut into 1-inch strips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Season the pork with black pepper and garlic powder. Place the pork in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the apricot preserves, red pepper flakes and oregano. Microwave the glaze for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture gets thin and easy to stir. Pour the glaze over pork tenderloin and coat it evenly.
- Spread the sweet potatoes and green peppers around the pork. Bake for 30 minutes or until the pork is done. (When it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F)
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/foodforthought/publishingimages/december22/Food4Thought_Dec_SweetMashed_2.jpg
Brought to you by:
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/benefits/stateemployee/bewell/publishingimages/logos/delta-dental-logo.jpg
Mashed Sweet Potato
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add sweet potatoes
- Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Drain sweet potatoes in a colander.
- Shake to remove water. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add ¼ cup milk, butter and salt.
- Use a potato masher or hand blender to mash until smooth. Add remaining milk if necessary. Serve warm.