Travel Update 18-02
To: Agency Travel Coordinators
From: Michael M. Hoffman, Chairman
Date: July 11, 2017
Subject: Budget Car Rental
The purpose of this update to inform employees that the CMS, on behalf of the Governor’s Travel Control Board, has established a Preferred Rate for car rental with Budget. Rates are as follows:
|Car Group||Daily Rates||Off Airport||One Way||NY Metro*||Newark Airport||NYC, LGA, JFK|
*NY Metro includes areas of Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York.
The Off Airport Rates apply to rentals of vehicles at participating off airport locations and returned to the same city where rented. These rates include unlimited mileage. A $5.00 rate differential will be charged for all one day rentals at the Preferred Rate commencing on a Tuesday or Wednesday from all locations in the United States.
Reservations can be made by calling (800) 525-7521 (select Option 1) and using the code D982800 or on the internet at:
The following stipulations remain in place:
- Only Compact, Intermediate or Standard classes of automobiles can be rented without authorization.
- Employees must adhere to the refueling policy of the rental company and cannot utilize a fuel pre-payment option.
- The Collison Damage Waiver or any other type of insurance offered must be declined.
- Additional options offered such as GPS, may be accepted for the employee’s convenience but will not be reimbursed.
- Employees are required to show their State of Illinois Identification in order to obtain the Preferred Rate.
- Payment methods include personal debit or credit card. Employees will be charged taxes which are reimbursable.
In the event that there is not a Budget branch located within a reasonable distance, and renting a car is the most economical option for travel, employees have the option of contacting three (3) vendors and selecting the most economical service based on prices, mileage included, etc.
For your convenience, here is a listing of Budget locations in Illinois.
As the appointed Travel Coordinator for your agency, it is your responsibility to disseminate this information to all appropriate personnel within your agency. If you have questions, please contact Kelley Wells, State Travel Coordinator at (217) 782-4705 or by email at Kelley.Wells@illinois.gov.