2024 State Open Enrollment
For TRAIL current members.
October 15 - November 15, 2023
This page includes the contribution rates, a description of benefits offered for the Aetna MAPD PPO, and a list of No-Cost Benefits from the plan. The Aetna MAPD PPO Plan s available throughout Illinois and nationwide. This guide linked below will show you how to enroll through the MyBenefits website at MyBenefits.illinois.gov.
• Elect to waive coverage. Note: If you waive coverage, medical, prescription drug, and vision coverage for you and your enrolled dependents will end. Re-enrollment is allowed for members throughout the plan year with coverage effective the first of the month following your enrollment request or during your annual TRAIL MAPD Enrollment Period.
• Elect to re-enroll in coverage. You may re-enroll in medical, prescription drug, vision, and dental coverage if you previously opted out or waived coverage.
• Add or drop dental coverage.
• Add or drop dependent coverage. IMPORTANT: You must contact the MyBenefits Service Center (toll-free) 844-251-1777 or 844-251-1778 TDD/TTY, if you want to add a dependent not enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. If you add a non-Medicare dependent, you will be ineligible to enroll in a TRAIL MAPD plan.
• Add, drop, increase, or decrease Member Optional Life coverage, if eligible. To request a change in your life insurance coverage, members must go online at MyBenefits.illinois.gov and follow the instructions. You will be subject to underwriting through the life insurance plan administrator if you request to add or increase your Member Optional Life coverage.
• Add or drop Child Life, Spouse Life, and/or AD&D coverage, if eligible. To add or drop coverage, members must go online at MyBenefits.illinois.gov and follow the instructions. Your spouse will be subject to underwriting through the life insurance plan administrator if you request to add Spouse Life coverage.
For more complete benefit information regarding TRAIL and the health plan benefits with your new Aetna MAPD PPO plan, please review your:
2024 SEGIP Open Enrollment Guide book (for Current Members of TRAIL)