State Use Committee Meeting - March 11, 2020
- 1000 E. Converse St., North entrance off 11th St.
- Springfield, IL 62766
- James R. Thompson Center, Room 9-036
- Chicago, IL 60601
- Call to Order
Chairman Wilson opened the meeting at 1:04 p.m.
- Roll Call
Committee members present: (see attached sign-in sheet)
- Ron Wilson, Springfield
- Christine Dickey, Springfield
- Melissa Norman, Springfield
- George Indelli, Chicago
- Felicia Rauls, Chicago
- Katrina Livingston, CMS/BOSS
- Tammy Diefendorf, Bridgeway
- Robert Johnson, Bridgeway
- Lacey Eaton, Transitions of W IL
- Jeff Mayfield, Transitions of W IL
- Shirley Webb, CPO HE
- Elizabeth Hynek, CMS Legal
Chairman Wilson noted there was a quorum present with five members.
- Approval of the December 11, 2019 Meeting Minutes
Chairman Wilson confirmed the members had reviewed the December 11th meeting minutes and there were no proposed changes. Chairman Wilson called for a motion to approve the Minutes. Motion to approve was made by Member Dickey. All members unanimously approved the Minutes.
- Synopsis of General Assembly changes related to State Use Program
Elizabeth Hynek with CMS Legal starts by explaining Senate Bill 2957 and the requirement of contracts through State must pay minimum wage or higher vs sub-minimum. At this point it hasn’t been determined if this will affect prior executed contract or just going forward. Elizabeth Hynek then goes on to explain House Bill 5316 and the changes to State Use law and the implementation of Employment First Act guidelines. Also including changes to the makeup of the State Use Committee.
- Review and Vote on Proposed Contracts (vote sheet)
Chairman Wilson asked the Committee if all had a chance to review the proposed contracts and request letters to be voted on today. Committee responded they had reviewed and no questions. Katrina Livingston read contracts aloud and vote was recorded on each members’ vote sheets.
- Future Meeting Date
Chairman Wilson expressed his appreciation to the Committee members present for their attendance and reviewed the upcoming quarterly meeting dates:
- June 3, 2020 at 1 p.m.
- September 9, 2020 at 1 p.m.
- December 2, 2020 at 1 p.m.
- June 3, 2020 at 1 p.m.
- Open Floor for Discussion
Chairman Wilson opened the floor to the public for any questions or comments. Shirley Webb requested list of vendors and services they provide. Chairman Wilson and Katrina Livingston advised of State Use website with list available.
There being no further business to come before the Committee, Chairman Wilson called for a motion to adjourn. Motion to adjourn was made by Member Dickey. Members unanimously approved the motion to adjourn.
Chairman Wilson announced the motion to adjourn was approved and adjourned the meeting at 1:56 p.m.