Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO)
The Law Enforcement Support Office Program, managed by the U.S. Department of Defense, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) in Battle Creek, MI transfers needed equipment such as tactical gear, electronics, vehicles, weapons…and more, to Federal and State law enforcement agencies (LEAs), while simultaneously providing the military services one of several outlets for disposal of their excess property. Through the Law Enforcement Support Office Program, over 11,000 law enforcement agencies across the country receive a variety of items helping our local agencies keep equipment overhead costs low.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/cms/business/surplus/publishingimages/illinois-leso-logo.png
The responsibility of managing the LESO program for Illinois is the Governor-appointed coordinator assigned to the Illinois Department of Central Management Services (CMS), Property Control Division.
- LESO Property Requirements Training
- DLA LESO Training Materials
- 2022 LESO Seminar and Training
- New iNAP and FEPMIS User Guide for Login.gov
- Existing iNAP and FEPMIS User Guide for Login.gov
- LESO Search and Request Training Video
- Register for AMPS & RTD Accounts
- Report LESO Property Loss
- LESO SPO Addendum Summary
- LESO SPO Addendum Overview
All LESO forms and DLA and Illinois LESO provided documents should be stored in your Law Enforcement Agency’s LESO physical or electronic file indefinitely. Per DLA and LESO retention rules, you must have these documents on hand at your Law Enforcement Agency. Do not dispose of any LESO documentation without first contacting the Illinois LESO office.
- Armored Vehicle Request Form
- Armored Vehicle Justification Template
- DLA Form 1928 - Certificate to Register a Tactical Vehicle
- MRAP Demil Prep Letter (Required when requesting an MRAP)
Small Arms Forms
- ATF Forms Link
- Small Arms Request Form
- Small Arms Transfer Instructions
- Small Arms Justification Template
- Inert Certification Appointment Letter
Property Accounting Forms
To reset your LESO FEPMIS password call: 1-866-224-7677 opt #4
To reset your AMPS / RTD password call 1-844-347-2457 - Press 5, then speak or enter D-L-A
Learn what types of excess military property are available to your Illinois law enforcement agency by watching this 8-minute video featuring Illinois police agencies.